4 x 75 m life-saving.
1. Life-saving is to be performed wearing swimsuit, with start from the starting stand. Distance: 75 m.
2. The first 15 m. the swimmer has to be fully submerged. If the swimmer does not complete the underwater swimming he or she is given a penalty of 5 seconds. After the underwater swimming, 35 m. of free swimming.
3. The end of the pool has to be touched with at least any body-part after the first 50 m, before diving after the dummy (dept about 3 m.) If the swimmer does not touch the end he or she is to be given a penalty of 5 seconds. The swimming with the dummy is freestyle. The time stops when the swimmer touches the end of the pool with any part of the body still carrying the dummy.
4. Seeding: The fastest swimmer swims in the last heat.
Reference to regulations:
- CISM Seaweek Regulations. Naval Pentathlon
- Nordic Regulations for Naval Pentathlon and Naval Triathlon.
5. Each nation participates with 4 swimmers. Their times are summed up.
6. The nation with the best time is the winner and gets 4 points. The second best gets 3 points etc.
7. If two nations get the same time, the nation with the best personal time wins.
8 x 50 m. relay swimming.
8. Each participant swims 50 m. free swimming. In case of false start the nation is given a penalty of 10 seconds.
9. The nation with the best time is the winner and gets 4 points. The second best gets 3 points etc.
The winner of the competition:
10. The winner of the swimming competition is the nation that gets the highest score all in all after the two competitions.
11. If two nations get the same score, the nation with the best time in the two competitions wins. If these are equal it is the nation that has the best time in the life-saving competition that wins.
12. After a second false start any swimmer who makes a new false start is to be given a penalty of 15 seconds. It is the same regulations in the relay swimming. Disqualifications can only be stated by the jury.
13. On the 8*50m relay the handicap for each female competitor is 3 seconds. The number of female competitors is not limited. The handicap is noted in the starting times.
14. On the 4*75m life-saving event the handicap for a female competitor is 10% of the concerned female swimmer’s individual time which is calculated in the final results after the race15. Division of the lanes is to be drawn at the sports officers meeting
16. The lanes are to be marked with the nations’ flag in every heat
4 x 25m Staff relay swimming
1. An unofficial relay between the schools’ staff and/or officers
2. Each participant swims 25 m free swimming
3. The participants must be 35 years or more.
Order for completing the swimming disciplines.
Lifesaving race – old boys relay swimming – 8 x 50 m relay swimming.